By Donnie McKinney c 2005
Copy the following worksheet into a Word document and set aside a few "quality" minutes to answer the questions. Just be totally open and honest, and type whatever comes into your mind. This is designed to see how you think in certain areas of your life; as well as, bring to mind some influences you may have had that cause certain reactions and emotions.
The answers will give you some insights into what problem areas might be present in your life. After you finish, go to the analysis page that is linked below, and see what your answers might indicate. You can go from there on your own, and you can also feel free to email Donnie and he will be able give you some suggestions of some things you can do to make a dramatic change in your life.
Download 20 Questions.doc
1. List some things make you happy? Do you notice a need for other people or events in your life to be happy?
2. Have you experienced some kind of traumatic event that could affect your life? Physical, sexual or even mental abuse, for instance, as a child? Losing a parent or someone else you loved? Do you have emotions that come out that you have no idea where they came from?
3. Do you know what your unique, natural God-given talents and abilities are? If so, are you doing anything to use and develop them? What activities are you involved in that use them?
4. Do you have a close and personal relationship with God? Have you never been exposed to God? Does your family attend church? Were you close to God at one time, but got disillusioned or drifted away for some other reason?
5. Are you in control of your own emotions? Or, do they seem to jerk you around? Do you find ways to respond to feeling out of control; such as, cutting or anorexia or bulimia?
6. Are you thankful for everything you have, even the bad things? Or, do you wish you had more things? Do you have trouble thinking of things in your life that you are thankful for?
7. Do you think either of your parents don't love you (or both)? Is either parent verbally or physically abusive?
8. Are your parents divorced?
9. Does alcohol or drugs help you to cope when things get unbearable?
10. Do you feel that you don't really like yourself sometimes?
11. Can you identify a huge goal you are working on right now?
12. Can you think of goals you have achieved in the past that make you feel good about yourself?
13. Do you think other people are smarter or better at social things, or just have it better in their lives?
14. Do you feel that you have to be perfect in school work or other things you do?
15. Do you feel that you're too fat or too thin?
16. Do you look for someone to blame for your problems?
17. Does life feel unfair sometimes - that other people have it better?
18. Do you spend a lot of time thinking about things that happened in the past?
19. Is there just too much going on in your life for you to get it all done? Are you stressed out?
20. Do you notice other people in your family being depressed or unhappy?
Go to Analysis Worksheet